The qualification covers the installation of heating and ventilation systems for industrial and commercial purposes.
It covers the understanding of hot and cold water system installations, and the practical installation of the systems. It also covers the preparation and fabrication of heating and ventilation pipework systems, and an understanding of testing, charging and decommissioning of heating and ventilation pipework
1 day per week for 2 years
- Understand health and safety requirements within the building
services engineering industry
- Understand how scientific principles are applied in heating and
- Communicate with others within building services engineering
- Understand industrial and commercial hot water systems installations
- Understand industrial and commercial cold water systems installations
- Understand industrial and commercial hot water heating systems
- Understand industrial and commercial chilled water systems
- Preparation and fabrication of heating and ventilation pipework
- Installation of Industrial and Commercial Heating and Ventilation
Systems within the workplace
- Understanding testing, charging and decommissioning of heating and
ventilation pipework systems
On completion of the Level 2 Heating and Ventilation Installer qualification, the learner will be in possession of the practical skills and knowledge to work on a range of specialised industrial and commercial installations.
Successful completion of the qualification could help you progress into a range of roles including heating and ventilating engineer. It would also allow you to progress onto a level 3 qualification.
This qualification is the new Standard to replace the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Service and Maintenance. It will allow the learner to understand how to service and maintain a large variety of systems and components. It will also cover the design principles, layout, operation principles, installation, decommissioning, fault finding, fault diagnosis, component replacement, testing and re-commissioning techniques for:
- Industrial and commercial ventilating
- Water systems
- Waste (effluent discharge)
- Drainage systems
- All related electrical systems to all of the above.
1 day per week for 4 years
- Health and Safety
- Communications within the BSE
- Scientific principles
- Organise Resources withing the BSE
- Heating systems and components
- Drainage/waste systems
- Industrial and Commercial Ventilation systems and components
- Cold Water Systems
- Hot Water Systems
- Electrical Instillation and safety
After completing this qualification you/the learner will be fully qualified to work on any building site. You/the learner can then also progress into an HNC and HND qualifications.